Work with Us! FPC Seeks Office Manager
Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Schedule: 5 weekdays, 40 hours/week
Work Location: 210 NW 17th Ave, Portland
Forest Park Conservancy protects and fosters the ecological health of Forest Park, maintains and enhances the park's extensive trails network and inspires community appreciation and future stewardship as a gift for generations. Each year, we work with 1,000 volunteers to maintain trails, remove invasive species and plant native trees and shrubs. Forest Park Conservancy is leading a 20-year campaign to restore 15,000 acres of public and private lands to ensure the long-term health of Forest Park.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures to support organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This person will ensure that office supplies are maintained, information systems and office equipment are functioning, and donor data is well-managed. The position is also responsible for supporting financial functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administrative Support | 40% Time
- Staff front desk, answer phones and general information emails, routing or responding as appropriate.
- Open and route incoming mail.
- Manage office supply and equipment requisitions and repairs.
- Design, implement and maintain electronic and paper filing systems.
- Ensure protection and security of files and records.
- Maintain new staff orientation materials and contractor files.
- Assist Executive Director in setting appointments and communications with the Board of Directors and committees.
- Help maintain policies and procedures.
- Perform special projects, as assigned.
- IT Support including: manage phone and computer systems and troubleshoot IT issues, coordinating work with IT contractor, as needed.
Development Support | 30% Time
- Manage records and enter donations and sales using multiple software platforms (Blackbaud Sphere™ and Raiser’s Edge and Adobe’s Business Catalyst).
- Produce thank you letters for all gifts, including appropriate tax-deduction language.
- Coordinate online store including maintain inventory, ship orders, maintain positive relationships with wholesale clients, and update product images and descriptions online.
Financial Coordination | 30% Time
- Manage and process Account Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Track and code all revenue and expense transactions, including sales, donations and receivables, and send to bookkeeper.
- Track and organize staff credit card statements and receipts.
- Track grants.
- Process payroll or coordinate payroll with outside processor.
- Make bank deposits.
- Assist with the development of annual budget.
- 3+ years experience providing administrative support
- Knowledge of office administration and management practices and procedures
- Ability to manage and trouble-shoot phone and computer systems and office equipment
- Demonstrable ability to learn new software
- Working knowledge of basic accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to efficiently and accurately enter data
- Ability to organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Enjoys providing staff and customer support
- Recent experience with Raiser’s Edge and QuickBooks Online
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in nonprofit accounting
- Bi- or multi-lingual
- Experience with and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation: $35,000 - $42,000/year, depending on experience
Benefits: Generous vacation benefits, holiday pay (including flexible holidays) and health & dental insurance
Email the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager” in the subject line:
- Cover letter
- Three references
Application deadline is Wednesday, July 5, 2017, at 5pm, PST
Forest Park Conservancy employs based on qualifications and competency and does not discriminate in its hiring, selection of candidates for employment, training, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, military service, family medical history, legal source of income, gender identity, political affiliation, union activity, family leave obligations, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual's ability to perform the job with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other basis prohibited by law.